- Assist classroom teachers with tasks as requested
- Work with students in small groups or one on one
- Assist special education students, as needed
- Supervise lunch, recess, and/or study hall
- Any other duties as requested by the school
- Manage schedule through automated system to indicate availability
- Accept substitute assignments proactively or reactively when available
- Model professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor
- Demonstrate a respect and appreciation for diversity
- Maintain student and staff confidentiality
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION: Dependent on state; typically requires a minimum of a high school diploma
- CERTIFICATION: Dependent on state and position type; may require Paraprofessional license
- Must have ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language fluently and effectively.
- Must have ability to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and children.