Long-Term Substitute Teacher
- Effectively manage a classroom of students by keeping students on task and dealing with any behavioral issues
- Instruct students based on subject- or grade-specific curriculum
- Supplement lesson planning
- Supervise and ensure safety of students during classroom hours
- May need to participate in parent-teacher conferences and school-sponsored professional development
- Any other duties as requested by the school
- Follow through with commitment to the entire duration of the assignment; will work in the same classroom daily
- Model professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor
- Demonstrate a respect and appreciation for diversity
- Maintain staff and student confidentiality
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION: Dependent on state; typically a minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- CERTIFICATION: Dependent on state; typically must hold a valid Teaching license in the specific subject area or grade level of the vacant classroom
- Must have ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language fluently and effectively.
- Must have ability to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and children.